Saturday, January 22, 2011

Continue on, or move on?!

While I still lived in Spokane when Steve was still deployed, I decided to start school online. The Government paid for it since I am a Military spouse. -All Active Duty Military spouses get $6,000 to put towards school. So I looked in to different online schools and decided on the best paying career that I could get from a $6,000 tuition. I decided on Medical coding/billing at New Horizons Computer Learning Center located in Jacksonville (NHCLC). It was a very irresponsible thing to do since I wasn't really committed to that profession. I just loved the thought of school.
  I soon decided after I started that this really wasn't what I wanted to do. But it was to late to take it back. I used all my tuition up and dropped out. Billing and Coding just wasn't for me. When I was still looking in to a career and schools I was also interested in ABC (Animal Behavioral College).  I am a HUGE animal lover and now I am wishing I did that instead. I really do believe a career with animals is right for me. I am really kicking myself.
  Well, anyways, I got an email from my teacher/counselor today saying I have until March to get all my stuff in to still get it done. But now I am really debating if I should start my classes over and just do it. I would just say "why not" but I don't know if two and a half months is enough and even if it was enough to finish, I really hate it and don't enjoy studying it at all, so whats the point?!
  Right now, I am looking in to maybe going to school for photography or maybe something to do with animals such as a trainer or Veterinary Assistant. I don't know but I guess I'll let you know when I figure it out. I do know I want to go back to school but I just don't know for what yet..
  Another option I am pondering is start a at home business. I did have one where I sold Military Pride Aprons online.. kinda of a made-to-order deal but it only went on for a month then I moved to Germany and never really got it back up again. I have a great sewing machine and embroidery machine so that's another option. I guess I have a lot of thinking to do and decisions to make.
Apron I made for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment