Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First Phone Interview

Talk about STRESSFUL! I had my first phone interview this morning. I applied to an agency as a Independent Contractor where I could work from home. There was a whole screening process where I had to call in and read from a script. I guess I passed since I got an email where they had to scan my computer to make sure it had all the requirements to the work I would be doing. Once I passed that, I got a phone interview this morning and we got to play the "what if" scenario game. I find out if I was selected in about a week. I won't be "employed" by them and I can set my own hours. Perfect for me. I am going to be, and have been, a busy lady.
I will let you know if I was selected, I hope my good luck with interviews holds up with this one as well. I have never in my life had an interview and not been hired. Even this last time with the Animal Hospital, I didn't get hired right away but I was called back and offered a job. I didn't take it since I was no longer a Vet Tech student and I was going to Job Corps for a whole different field and didn't have the time.

I sure hope I get it because working from home would be a dream come true.. Every step you take should be a step in the direction of your goals.

Update: Unfortunately, I didn't get the job. But having that phone interview was sure an experience and it will help me for if there is ever a next time I have a phone interview. There is a lot of other opportunities for me to work at home and I won't stop until I am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment