Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Feeling held back

Since I am going to school online, there are some things that are different with college life then a traditional college setting. For example, Penn Foster College (PFC) doesn't have its students active in all classes in a semester at one time. You do one class at a time, complete it then move on to the next class. Such as focus completely on Biology and then move on to A&P and so on. Its nice having one class at a time so I don't feel so overwhelmed but the down side is that the next class's books is not sent in the mail until the class you are currently in is complete 100% and class participation is also graded then you have to wait for USPS to get your mail to you and since we are in Germany, it takes forever! I have been waiting for my Biology books for a month because the books were returned to the school for some reason, so I have not been working on my classes for a month.. its really holding me back. I should be finishing my first semester in March which happens to be the same month we move back to the states. I had this plan set in my mind where we would move to a new place, start a new chapter in our lives, and I would start fresh on my second semester. I just don't know if I still see that happening and its very frustrating.
  Another thing I have been struggling with is the Webinars. Webinars are live classroom lectures where you interact with your professor and fellow students. They are in Eastern time. The Webinars are great and I love them, I learn so much more. The only downfall is that I have to wake up at all hours of the night to attend them. Thank goodness its only once a week but sometimes I am so tired that I don't focus like I should. Most of the time is just focusing on finishing it and going back to bed. I am really looking forward to living in America and being able to attend the Webinars during the day.
  Well I had to just get some frustrations out there. I love PFC and wouldn't transfer to any other school. College life will be much easier once we get back to America.
 On a happier note.. Check out my new book bag! I hate all my books and school work being sprawled out across the house. Nice having a tote bag to keep it all in, while supporting my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment