Saturday, December 15, 2012

Resolutions for 2013

Here we go again. I failed myself in a couple of my 2012 resolutions and a new year always wipes a slate clean for me so I am going to set another five because its a good solid number of things you want to accomplish in a year. But I did have accomplishments in 2012, as well. My marriage is striving and I do feel I am more independent instead of just someones wife, daughter, and sister. I have goals of my own and I find myself doing things for myself instead of trying to make everyone else happy first. My marriage is happier for it.

1.) Lose 60 pounds!
     Reason- This was one of my 2012 resolutions and I did lose 15lbs but gained it back from poor eating habits and quitting my daily exercise regimen. This year is the year. I can feel it.

2.) Get better at money management.
     Reason- We have been living paycheck to paycheck like we are still kids. We need to get serious about getting a savings and be more responsible. This will have to have Steve's effort in it as well.

3.) Work hard and excel in my new career as a contractor.
     Reason- As I type this, today is my first day of my new job and life. I wanted so badly to work from home and be a business owner. I am finally here and this is my chance. I am so nervous and afraid to fail. I pray the Lord creates a path to my success and have a wonderful monthly income by 2014. I know it wont be overnight so I know I will have to work hard and do my very best every day.

4.) Learn to sew correctly.
     Reason- People always say I make the cutest things but I don't know how to do a lot of things. I have a real hard time cutting fabric right and some things that I see, I have no idea how they made it. I want to learn to make curtains, clothes, and others things. This year I am going to start attending sewing classes, read more sewing how to books and just do everything I can to learn and be on the path to one day opening a sewing business. I will be working from home so this can't be too difficult to do in my free time. I love to sew and excited to learn more. Some people just go sew up some amazing great quality projects. I want to be able to do that.  Expect a lot more sewing projects on my blog in the near future.

5.) Live by the Bible.
     Reason- I want to the be person, wife, friend, and family member that God wants me to be. Reading the Bible has changed my life and my Husband has already seen a change in me. God has changed my life. I want to maybe start attending Church even if its just on occasion. I just want to live by his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment