Friday, December 14, 2012

Homemade Cat Treats

I have a whole fun day of free time before I start my new job. So I am going to spend it getting some housework and laundry done, and make some treats. This is the first time I have ever made any so it will be fun. I am excited for them to try it. I got my Dunkin Donuts coffee and about to head to Path Mark for my ingredients. Oh, and I just wanted to mention something I noticed. In Washington and Idaho, where we grew up, there are Starbucks on every corner. Here, you have to go out of your way for Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts is on every corner. We noticed that and thought it was funny.

 Tuna Tidbits


  • 6 ounce can of tuna
  • 1/4 cup water drained from tuna
  • 3 T cooked egg white, chopped
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine tuna, egg white and water. Add cornmeal and flour and blend to form a dough. Knead into a ball and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into one-inch sized pieces. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.

  • Bunker could not get enough of them but Tubbles wasn't too much of a fan of Mommas home cookin'. Next time I will add some Chicken Broth. I like to think Bunker eats them because he likes them but there is also the possibility that he eats them because he is a bottomless pit. He eats everything, french fries, cream cheese, coffee, soda, bread, etc. Of course I don't give him these things, he steals from my plate and cup when I am not looking.
     Steve also had a sample and said they were sort of bland so I am for sure going to add some other stuff in there in the next batch.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment