Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Keeping Busy

I have been trying my best to stay busy these last few weeks. Time goes by so slow when my husband is at school. I took a knitting class at Joann Fabrics, and then decided that Sewing is something that I really want to get good at before the end of the year so I am taking a online class with Craftsy. If you don't know what Craftsy is all about and you want to learn to sew, knit or any sort of craft, you have to check it out. I did a class with the instructor Diana Rupp and between the class and her book, I have learned so much. Nothing has taught me more about sewing then the Sew Everything Workshop book. I love it. Its a beginners must have. My first project was a pillow with french seams for our recliner and I am now working on a skirt. yes! A SKIRT! I never thought I would be able to go past cat beds and other square easy to sew things.. but here I am constructing clothes. I am really excited and learning to sew has been such a goal of mine. I am feeling pretty accomplished.

Soon I will be making, and showing off, some baby things that I will have made. But first we have to find out if we are having a baby boy or girl. Its a real bummer because we could find out right now through an ultrasound but the soonest the ultrasound techs could get us in is middle of October. I will be about 25 weeks along. We really don't want to wait that long so I am going to ask my doctor during our monthly check up tomorrow if there is any way we could get a peek and see if she can see the gender. She may not be able to, but its worth it to ask.

I am now 18 weeks along and my energy has really picked back up. Thank the Lord. Can you believe I will be half way done with this pregnancy in two weeks?! Just crazy but amazing. I am fully back to maintaining my home without help from hubby. But he still tries to help out and I am so grateful for him. He is loving being a daddy-to-be. He talks to the belly bump and loves to touch it. He tells the baby stories at night and always makes sure every craving is fulfilled. Its so sweet. Being pregnant and having this experience is probably is most amazing thing that could happen to a women.

My cravings as of lately have included Dunkin Donuts, Quiznos, and anything Pumpkin flavored. I am really excited for the Fall season and starting to really get into the season's flavors. Starbucks makes the best Pumpkin latte, so I am eagerly waiting for that to come out.
We also took a photo of the belly at 18 weeks. Can you see any change? Hubby says he can but I was expecting more of a dramatic change then this in three weeks. But I know the growth starts to slow down right about this time so I bet its perfectly normal.. just paranoid and always want reassurance that baby is perfectly healthy.


More news and updates on baby soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment