Saturday, August 24, 2013

Growing belly

Since I was so sick, I wasn't able to take any belly photos starting at 12 weeks (when I started showing) like I wanted to. I am now in my second trimester at 14 weeks (which seems absolutely crazy to me) and finally got around to taking one. I also took one at 5 weeks soon after we found out we were expecting so I am happy to have a "before" photo to compare to.

This last week I also started the Centering Pregnancy class at the hospital (where my doctors office is), and so instead of doing actual doctors visits, we go right in to the centering room (no need to check in) and have some healthy snacks layed out for us, do our appointment/check ups with a nurse practitioner, and a class about a new topic on pregnancy and/or being a new mom. Its with a group of women due in the same month as me along with their spouses or significant others. I loved the class. It was so informative. We even get a notebook where we record everything so the NP and I both have the same information. The book also has even more information for the topics we go over and is such a good resource.
It was the first class and we learned a lot about nutrition and some relaxation techniques. Its once a month for now, (until we all get in to our third trimesters and will be in much more often) right after our checkups. In one of the classes coming up, we are going to be taking a tour of Labor and Delivery and see where we will be having our babies. I am very excited for that.

Some highlights-

  • I have lost weight instead of gained
  • Baby's heart rate is 150 bpm


Now that I am in the second trimester, I have noticed a bit more energy (no more naps for me), and the gagging is rare too. I am very happy to say that I did not puke once. I hope all my pregnancies are the same way. I have cravings on a daily basis now but I try to stay as healthy as possible in my eating habits. Subway and Wawa subs have been a constant in our home since I have not had the energy to cook. But I do need to give my husband some credit and say he has picked up the slack. He has been cooking, cleaning and keeping me off my oh-so sore feet and back as much as possible. Just standing while doing a load of dishes will make my back really ache. I have read its from weak abs, and now a growing uterus. Steve has been wonderful and I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband. At the moment, he is on summer vacation from school and has been home 24/7 with me. He no longer works as a security guard because of an incident that happened where he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and got punished for protecting himself but that's all I can say about that.

Steve starts fall semester next week and I will be back to being by myself for most of the week since he goes full time. I am dreading it. I have been so needy. I no longer work from home either. We decided it was time to stop working and start transitioning to stay at home Mommy, but I love it and so excited to be just that for our baby. It was just too stressful on me and it was time to move on but it was such a good experience. I am so blessed and thankful to be able to stay home and just focus on Homemaking and being available to my husband and baby. Its a true gift from God.

Although it will be lonely again during the week, I am happy that he is excited for school. We just got him a new computer for school and did school supply shopping today. We took the photo above on our way out to go pick every thing up. It was such a fun beautiful day. Brings back memories of how excited I would get for back to school shopping as a kid. Although I don't remember it being this hot still so late in August. Mondays will be the worst since he has class all day.. literately- from 8 in the morning until 10 at night. His classes are spread out so he does have a few hours in between classes but since its a bit of a drive there, we decided to just have him stick around and catch up on homework or whatever at the school library. I sure will miss his constant presence, the way it feels it would make some people think he was leaving for a long time..like he was deploying again or something. ha. I feel like I will never see him anymore. But I will manage to keep busy. I actually just bought some books on the kindle store that I have been eagerly waiting to read. Two of them are The Good Wife's Guide by Darlene Schacht and Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert by Erin Odom. So, I have been spending a lot of time on my tablet since last night... but I have learned so much already. We are definitely doing cloth diapers for our baby. Once you see the price difference, the health benefits, and how easy they are to manage, its hard not to. Plus they are super cute.

I also got some cleaning to do so that will help Monday go by quicker too. My wonderful husband has pretty much taken over everything during the first trimester since I have been so exhausted and when he starts school, I am taking back over. I am cooking his breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the same time since he will be gone all day. He said he has missed his wife and you can't fully appreciate how much someone does for you until you have to do it yourself.. How sweet, right? He is ready to hand the reigns back over to me. He does not like to cook or clean at all. But I am excited to have more energy and get back to my homemaking duties. I love cleaning and making sure he has healthy meals. We have eaten out so much lately (since he didn't want to cook and I don't blame him at all) that I am starting to get sick of subway.. which I didn't even think was possible.

Well, we have our second ultrasound coming up soon and apparently, its with a new high-tech machine so expect some good pictures of Baby Cox soon.. and hopefully a gender reveal soon as well.
We both think its a boy. My mom had boys first as well as Steve's mom. We also think it could be a boy because Steve's mom didn't puke in any of her pregnancies with her boys but she did with her girls... but my mom didn't puke with any of her pregnancies at all so its really hard to tell. Oh, and sure its just for fun but it has known to be true, but the Chinese gender predictor says its a boy. Its going to be real interesting to find out. When I picture the baby, I see a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment