Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bed bound

It has been a few weeks since I have blogged at all. I have been so sick. Weeks of having a fever, swollen neck, sore throat, headaches and throbbing head. A few days ago, I went to the emergency room because I was getting worse and being pregnant, it really worried me. Turns out, whatever I have is viral and I just have to rest it out. But they did give me a prescription for liquid Tylenol for my fever. For days afterward, I had to take the medicine every six hours on the dot it seemed to keep the fever down.. it would not just go away. It was scary.
But, while at the emergency room, I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was surreal and made this pregnancy completely real for me. I fell in love with that baby right at that moment. Its all I thought about for days afterwards. I went in to full mommy mode.

I am feeling better now and actually have my first appointment with my new Ob/Gyn tomorrow. First baby checkup and I am so excited. Steve is too. He was in the waiting room when I got to hear the heartbeat so he is excited to hear it tomorrow.

1 comment: