Monday, August 12, 2013

First Appointment

I had our first appointment and it was not as easy as I thought. I was notified beforehand that I would have a pelvic exam and pap smear on the first appointment. I have never had either before and I really wasn't to worried about it since all I kept hearing is that all I would feel is discomfort. I can handle discomfort.. just not pain. I do not handle pain well.
They had me change in to a gown and I was really starting to feel nervous at that point. I wasn't going to have my husband stay in the room during the exam but when the doctors came in, they sort of went right in to it so he sort of sat back and had to listen to it all.
I thought it would be really quick but the doctor could not get these uncomfortable medal things in place. It was so painful. I tried my best to just relax and breath but it was unbearable. I started crying and she had the other doctor take over since she couldn't get it. Turns out my cervix is posterior (farther back then normal) so I had to bring my knees to my chest for him to get it in. After that, I couldn't even feel it. Sorry if this is TMI, but I am just trying to record all the memories.
I was planning on doing a home birth.. like, I was all for it. I was looking around for midwives and was 100% going to do a water birth at home. Water is my healing element. But after the pain I went through with just a pap smear, I know now that I don't have the pain tolerance for it. I really don't handle pain well so I have decided to just go with the traditional hospital delivery. It makes me sad to think about because I wanted a water birth so bad. I wish I was stronger.

After it was over, they did a few other things like feeling how big the uterus was and then we finally got to the ultrasound. My husband came to my side and tried to comfort me the best he could but I was still a bit in shock to how painful it really was. But when she flicked on the ultrasound and we got to see our bouncing little baby, everything else didn't matter. He or she was using its legs to jump off the uterus wall again and again. He/she looked happy and comfortable in there. He/she would turn like they were turning in bed to get comfortable. It was so cute. I just love this little baby so much. The baby has brought our little family so much joy. My Mom is so excited that she has the ultrasound picture as her phone's screen photo. Steve's family is really excited too. This is Steve's mom first grand baby and she loves getting all the new updates. Its awesome having people as excited as you.

We are so blessed to have such a supporting family.

Our sweet little baby
On the photo, you can see that they measured the baby to try and get the most accurate due date and what not. They did a few and all the dates are within a week. They decided to go with 12 weeks 2 days but I think that is a little bit off since I know my conception date and know I was 12 weeks 5 days. But the dates are super close so its not too big of a deal. I am just going to go with the due date they gave me which is February 19 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment