Saturday, June 1, 2013

Homemade cleaners


I finally got around to learning how to make homemade cleaners. The fact that we are running low on laundry detergent sort of made me get around to it since I didn't want to buy more and have a ton of our old stuff left (since we get ours from Costco) when I did get around to doing it. Anyone else want to convert over with me? Here are my recipes. It safer for your family (no chemicals), very low in cost, and it gets the job done.

Homemade Laundry Detergent
3 tbsp Borax
3 tbsp Washing Soda
2 tbsp Liquid Dawn Dish soap
1 gallon jug

Mix everything in a 1 gallon jug with 4 cups of hot tap water. Fill the rest of the way with cold water. Bubbles will spill out but don't mind them.
1 cup of detergent per load of laundry.

Homemade All Purpose Cleaning Spray
1 part vinegar
1 part water
1/4 cup lemon juice (optional, but I add it)
spray bottle

1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup water is what I used. Just make sure they are equal parts.
Mix and you are set!

Homemade Febreeze
6 tbsp Fabric Softener
2-3 cups hot Water
1 tbsp Baking Soda
Spray Bottle

Mix and you are set!

No comments:

Post a Comment