Sunday, March 3, 2013

Life of a Housewife

I was reading some old posts from my blog and boy, my life has changed from when I was in college, and in Germany, and well, when I had a normal life outside the home. I had FRG meeting to attend and fun wives get-togethers. Its hard not having any friends here.
I can't wait to settle in one place and make long lasting relationships. But anyways.. I know I have done a daily life post before so here is an updated one for all those who care, Ha! But its fun to record how much life changes over the years.

This is a rough estimate of my daily life now, it varies since I have different cleaning tasks for different days. This was pretty much my day today-

6:00am Wake Up! Feed my kittens and make sure they are loved on.
6:20 Scoop litter box.
6:30 Meals planned out and prepared.
6:35 Start breakfast for husband and I.
7:00 Counters cleaned, floor swept, and dishes done after breakfast.
8:00 Make husband's lunch for work.
9:00 Wake Husband up.
9:30 Keep telling husband he will be late if he keeps dragging!
9:45  Kissed my husband goodbye for work and made sure he didn't forget anything.
10:00 Tended to my home business while clipping coupons from Sundays paper.
11:00 Listen to my church's Sundays service on the Sermon.net app since I can't be there in person. (While I am still working and couponing! Love to multitask. Time goes by much faster)
12:00pm Make lunch for myself.
1:00 Let my kittens play outside on the balcony.
1:30 Throw laundry in the wash and hand wash delicate clothes in sink.
2:00 Started scrubbing bathroom shower walls, tub, counter, mirror, sink, toilet and floor.
4:00 Straightened up living room, vacuumed, and dusted.
4:30 Let the kittens back out on the balcony for one last hoo-rah of the day.
5:00 Start prepping dinner (Once I read Proverbs 31 in the Bible, it really open my eyes to what Gods wants wives to be like and do and now I cook wholesome meals for every meal for my family, including my kittens.. I will only feed them Halo brand foods) ..Ive even lost weight with this new healthy eating!
6:00 Start cooking dinner while catching up on my shows in the back ground (unless its Teen Mom, SOA, The Walking Dead, or Army Wives, then it needs my full attention (Ha :P))
7:00 Hubby is home. Sit down, pray, talk, eat, be merry!
7:45 Wash dishes, wipe down table, clean counter, sweep, and then go relax with the love of my life and my kittens.

Days for deep cleaning, like today was for the bathroom, alternates everyday of the week. I try my best for my husband to come home to a clean home at the end of a long day of school and work. Its Sunday so he only had work but some days, he is not home at all until late at night and I am cooking his lunch and dinner while cooking his breakfast in the mornings since I won't see him. I am looking forward to him graduating as much as he is. I wish we could eat together like this every night but that will come in time.
I try my best to fit sewing practice in there because I am slowing learning, which was a 2013 resolution for me. I love it. I know I have said I am trying to write a book as well but it has sort of gone to the back burner for now. I hope to finish this year but we will have to see.

I also do the shopping so I try to shop once a week to get the most of out my coupons and weekly deals but most of the time, shopping happens twice a month.

Hope you found my day oh so interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment