Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NAVTA


 I really want to share something with all of you. I am pretty excited. I am finally a [student] member of the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA). Its the professional Association for Veterinary Technicians just like Nurses and Doctors have their own associations and what not. I am starting to actually feel like a professional in a real profession.
  Being apart of a professional association sure has its benefits. There is discounted Medical, deals at Dell, Target, and other retail stores, discounts on Stethoscopes and pet insurance, discount car rentals and hotels, trips and vacations.. pretty exciting, right? I also receive the NAVTA journal every two months which is a magazine that updates all the professionals about new diseases, medications, specialties, and things of that sort. I received my first issue just a few days ago.. yep, definitly starting to feel like a professional.
  Since I am just a student, I hold a student membership until I graduate and get licensed. Every year NAVTA does a conference for CE (continuing education) where you go listen to people speak and get to interact in workshops where you learn new techniques and new things about the Veterinary field. Its always located in a vacation spot and usually a few days long. As a licensed Veterinary Technician, I have to obtain so many hours of CE to stay licensed. As a student, its very cheap and I am looking forward to going to the NAVTA conference this year. I really hope I am able to. Well that is my exciting news. Learn more about NAVTA at www.navta.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment