Monday, December 26, 2011

Resolutions

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. 

Year after year I make New Year Resolutions. Sometimes I go through with them, some not so much. This year, I am 21 years old. Its time to grow up and be an adult. I am going to compile my list of this year's Resolutions.. and I am going to give my full effort to complete ALL of them, not just what I feel is the easiest. I don't think I have ever been more determined to better my life as I do right now. I am only going to choose five. Better to do a few big goals instead of a long overwhelming list of small goals.

1.) Put more effort in to my marriage to Steve.
     Reason- He is the love of my life and sometimes it just seems easy to give up when things get hard. I need to quit thinking that giving up on him is even an option, because its really not. We live the Military lifestyle, and that just adds on to the stress of what normal civilian marriages have.

2.) Reach my healthy weight by losing 60 pounds and live a healthier life style meaning working out and eating right.
    Reason- I hate looking at myself in the mirror and my health is suffering because of my current lifestyle of being a housewife and not really doing much outside the home during the day (I have acid reflux and anxiety issues).

3.) Put more effort in to college.
     Reason-  I have been doing an hour (sometimes less) of studying a day then quit when it gets hard, I want to start charging through it.


4.) Be happy. Appreciate what I have in life.
     Reason- instead of focusing in what I don't have, I want to focus on what I do have and how blessed I really am. Someone once told me that the happiest of people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have.. that really stuck with me.

5.) Be more independent.
    Reason- I need to have a mind set that I am my own person, not JUST Steve's wife.. there is a ME here too.. Start focusing on my needs and happiness instead of always making sure he is happy and putting my needs second.


It's time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment