Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Penn Foster

I decided to go to a trade school, I guess you could say. I couldn't decide what to go to school for. I was considering Photography, Beauty school and many others but none of them was something I REALLY wanted to do or really interested me.  Well, I kept searching and exploring different careers and finally decided on Veterinary Assisting. I am a HUGE animal lover and I just knew this was perfect for me. I was a little weary about actually starting, it has been so long since High School and I'm way out of shape academically.
   I talked to Steve about it and got his input and he wanted me to do it..  he said "If you decide to go to school for anything else, you will always wonder 'what if'" and he is 100 percent right!! I've grew up always having a dream to work with animals.
  Once I decided to go for it, I started looking in to colleges and programs. A few wives here on post told me about a great online school that they go to. Its called Penn Foster Career School.

I went to the site and started reading about the course, tuition, what they offer ect. I decided on them. I called the enrollment office yesterday and got tuition, enrolled, and got my student ID number all over the phone. They are a Military friendly school and they make everything so convenient.
   About my program- I am enrolled in the Veterinary Assistant Diploma program with Penn Foster Career School.. Its a one year course so I won't be getting a degree from this one program. Penn Foster has an actual College side also. There is Penn Foster Career school and Penn Foster College.  I have always wanted to be a Veterinary Technician and Penn Foster College offers an Associates degree but I am worried I'm not ready for that yet and decided on the Veterinary Assistant program instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment